Before you have a heart attack – I’m not ill and I’m not closing the blog.
BUT, I have started a new interesting job! New job means a lot of new things to deal with. Hence, for the sake of my own mental health, I’m going to stay away from blogging here for a little while. Which could mean a few weeks. We’ll see.
I really hope you don’t forget about me during this period, I love my readers! I promise I’ll to let you know when I’m back. 😉 Refreshed and newly inspired, hopefully.
Stay tuned, stay happy!
Photo via strongforagirl.com.au.
In just a few hours it is a completely new year!!
I hope 2016 will be a year filled with joy, adventure, valuable lessons and LOVE, for all of you guys. And me, of course.
Don’ forget what kind of world you want to live in.
Take care of yourselves and see you in 2016!
I’ll be on holiday for a few days now, which means no new posts. If you miss me, just check out the old ones 😉
See you next week!
We’ve been waiting for months, but now there’s finally a trailer for the upcoming Suicide Squad! DC Comic’s classic villains are coming in 2016 to do some good, but I suspect a lot of nastyness will happen (no, I haven’t read the comics)!
I know one shouldn’t judge a book by it’s cover, but this trailers makes the movie look darn good!!
Alrighty folks, this will be my last post of the year!!
I thought I’d do a little quick “best of” myself, so here it goes:
- Artist: Conchita Wurst (Eurovision Song Contest). Who knew she/he would rise like Phoenix like that?!
- Song: Love Runs Out (One Republic). Tough one, but Spotify told me it was the song I listened to the most in 2014.
- Album: Art Official Age/Plectrum Electrum (Prince/3rdEyeGirl). I’m totally biased, but there ya go!
- Movie: Interstellar. I’ve always had a thing for space and string theory. There are a lot of movies I missed out on this year and I will naturally not pick one I’ve not actually seen. So, if you think there’s another one more worthy of the title, be my guest! I’ll also give The Grand Budapest Hotel a special mention.
- TV-show: For me it was the year I discovered Downton Abbey and Mr Selfridge (I know picking two is cheating, but I have to). Game Of Thrones also deserves a special mention.
- Musical: The Phantom Of The Opera. I re-discovered Andrew Lloyd Webber’s classic show and am happy I did! I especially adore the 25th anniversary version with Sierra Borgess and Ramin Karimloo.
- Dancer: Misty Copeland. American Ballet Theatre ballerina.
- Actress: Jennifer Lawrence. She seemed to be everywhere with her quirky self and I didn’t mind.
- Actor: Robin Williams. Unfortunately his suicide had to be what reminded me of what a fantastic actor he was. He will be missed! A special mention to all those other wonderful actors that passed away this year (Philip Seymour Hoffman, Lauren Bacall and more).
- Book: Stephen Fry, More Fool Me. I haven’t read much at all this year, something I’ll definitely improve in 2015. But actor and TV-host Stephen Fry’s autobiography is as entertaining and well written as you’d think!
- Photo: Ellen DeGeneres’ Oscar selfie which spread around the world like wildfire. Starred actors such as Bradley Cooper, Meryl Streep, Jennifer Lawrence and a bunch more.
- Social media phenomenon: ALS Ice Bucket Challenge. There were more wet T-shirts than ever before. I don’t think there was any media personality that didn’t get involved somehow.
- Internet personality: PewDiePie. By now most seem to know who the influential Swedish gaming geek is.
So, herewith I want to wish you all a Very Happy New Year and ALL the best for 2015!!!
Tomorrow is the last day of 2014! Oh myyy, as George Takey would say…
I found a good video to summarize this year’s pop culture happenings, but unfortunately I’m not able to embed it here, so you’ll have to visit Global News (link with video) to see it! Click on the link and remember what’s been going on in some parts of the pop world. Quite interesting!
Btw, The source is Canadian, so don’t be upset if not everything you found to be important wasn’t on there…
Otherwise you can also take a look at this one created by Youtube:
Welcome to my new layout! I thought it was time to change things a little, so I got help to make my site look a bit more funky! Things might get updated and changed sligthly again, but this is going to be the overall look now. My old posts are (unfortunatly) gone as well, but this is like a fresh start!
How exciting, ey?! 😀
Love from Kat